Board of directors member at ICANN
One of the 20 people who govern ICANN – the steward of the global Internet domain names system – the heart of the Internet “address book”.
IT tech expert, turned entrepreneur, turned manager. ?
Specialties include: Internet & Telecommunications, Regulatory, Technology, Entrepreneurship, , Investments, Sales, Finance and Marketing.
What others say
Danko is a pioneer of the Serbian internet, entrepreneur and manager, and an expert for the Internet, IT and corporate governance.
If this has gotten your attention, then you should definitely continue reading.
This internet and communications guru is a member of the Board of Directors of ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) and chair of the Board Finance Committee.
ICANN, the leading Technical Internet Governance organization, is a California based non-profit corporation that coordinates the global system of Internet identifiers.
What does this mean?
Every single device that connects to the Internet has its own unique set of numbers that are its IP address. ICANN coordinates that all 371 million domain names (for example, the name of your website) are assigned to the correct IP address, of which there are about 4.3 billion – Connecting names and numbers, as its name indicates. Without this service, Internet users would not be able to access the global Web or Internet resources.
And this is only one aspect of his career!
Our inspiring mentor was an initiator of the reform of the “.YU” (former Yugoslavia) internet top-level domain (Danko’s Paper 2001) and subsequently a member of the Board of the Serbian Internet Domain Names Registry (RNIDS – .RS/.СРБ ccTLD), and its CEO.
He was also a member of the Board and Treasurer of CENTR (the association of European country-code top-level domains), and a member of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group of the UN Internet Governance Forum.
Aside from his passion for this work, Danko is also an entrepreneur, which he demonstrated by his being a founding partner of Jugodata, a Serbian PC brand, and SezamPro, an Internet service provider that operated from 1996 to 2009, after which it merged with other two independent providers into Orion Telekom.
Thanks to Danko’s profound knowledge and vast experience in the field of internet and communications, entrepreneurship, sales, finances and internet governance, and also his outgoing personality, he is an exceptional mentor and an amazing guy to learn from.
- Consultant, Partner at Jugodata
- Member of the Board of Directors at CENTR
- CEO at Serbian National Internet Domain Registry(RNIDS)
- Founder partner of Jugodata and SezamPro
- Director of Strategy and Regulatory affairs at Orion Telekom
Certifications / Achievements / Publications
- INSEAD International Directors Programme – Corporate Governance
- Member of the USA National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Member of the INSEAD Directors’ Network
- Member of the Serbian Association of Managers (SAM)
- PhD candidate in Contemporary Business Decision Making Programme at Singidunum University
- MBA in Management from IEDC – Bled School of Management
- BA in Management of Information Systems from the University of Belgrade
- IEDC Alumni Achievement Award
- Internal auditor:ISO 9001 issued by TÜV SÜD
- MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional
- Article:Danko Jevtovic u odboru direktora ICANN
- Article:Od interneta do ICANN
- Article:Na kojoj adresi stanuje internet